Thursday, October 25, 2012

Grocery on Home in ATL, William Bell

Performing solo at Atlanta, GA's Grocery on Home this Friday, October 26.  This is my first ATL show in a long while – please don't miss it if you live in the area.  You'll need to RSVP via email, by phone 404.234.8050, or on the FB event page, if you want to attend... seating is limited.  Hope to see you there!

While in Atlanta, I'm taking part some songwriting sessions with the legendary Stax recording artist William Bell.  His songs have been covered by Gram Parsons, Albert King, Cream, The Byrds, Taj Mahal, etc. Contemporary R&B artist Jaheim used William's hit "I Forgot To Be Your Lover" as the base for his hit "Put That Woman First".  William has been one of my songwriting heroes for a long time, and I'm really excited about what we've come up with together so far.  Here's a youtube playlist of William Bell's music, if you'd like to have a listen.

NOVEMBER

Not playing much in November; working on wrapping up my fourth solo LP.  I am playing a special house concert in Durham, NC on November 10 for my friends Nancy Bierman and Art Champagne.  Seating is limited, so you'll need to RSVP here if you'd like to attend.

HOLIDAY SHOWS

Playing a special DIllon Fence show at the Visulite Theatre in Charlotte, NC on Friday, December 21, for the Morisen Records anniversary weekend (Morisen released a Dillon Fence greatest-hits compilation in 2004).  More details on this show forthcoming.  Also working on a HOBEX Holiday gig or two... will be posting details on my show schedule as they come together.

Some big personal changes in the works – will have more in the next post.  Can't wait for you to hear this new album I've been working on...

Until next time,

Greg