Tuesday, July 25, 2017

A story... and NY, GA, VA, NC, TN dates

A few days ago, I was taking a sunset walk with my wife and son on the boardwalk of St-Jean-de-Luz, a beautiful beach town on the Atlantic Ocean in the Basque region of southern France.

Someone said, “Excuse me!”

A man approached and asked if I was from Dillon Fence. His name was Serge, a doctor from the east of France on holiday with his wife and kids. He told me that he had just been listening to our “Outside In” album, and that he considered us to be in the pantheon of the golden age of indie rock. He actually knew quite a bit about the band and was very kind. We took a couple of snaps, introduced our families, and said goodbye.

I had just shared with my wife moments earlier that I was missing playing music. I was reminded yet again that some way, somehow, sometimes the music reaches people it was meant to reach.

I’d love for our latest batch of Electric Trio tunes to reach you! Keith Robinson, Matt Brandau, and I have been arranging and recording ‘em over the course of the year. They’re shaping up to be a really interesting group of songs. We’ll be playing 'em at these upcoming shows… see you there.

And thank you, Serge!
Greg

GREG HUMPHREYS ELECTRIC TRIO
SUMMER DATES

July 26 The 11th St. Bar – New York, NY
Aug 10 Salvage Station – Asheville, NC
Aug 12 Decatur BBQ, Blues & Bluegrass Festival – Decatur, GA
Aug 12 Southern Ground Amphitheater – Fayetteville, GA
Sep 01 Bar Chord – Brooklyn, NY
Sep 07 Brooklyn Bowl's Sunset Sounds at Industry City – Brooklyn, NY
Sep 23 Live And Local Roots Fest – Raleigh, NC
Sep 26 Barley's Taproom – Knoxville, TN
Sep 28 Bonefire Smokehouse – Abingdon, VA
Sep 29 Muddy Creek Music Hall – Winston-Salem, NC
Sep 30 Downtown Beats and Eats – Wilson, NC
Advance tickets and information







LUCKY GUY on Spotify
LUCKY GUY on Apple Music
LUCKY GUY on Vinyl or CD 
LUCKY GUY on Soundcloud